Thursday, March 17, 2011

Model A Truck Sketch

I liked the feeling of my original sketch for yesterday's painting. It ended up looking to me like a hound dog panting and 'smiling' with its mouth open, and the steering wheel looked like one eye open. This truck looked rarin' to go to me. I thought I was going to paint it really loosely and keep some of that feeling but of course things don't always go as planned -- I got caught up in the lines and showing the form. I may go back to sketching first somewhere else separately beforehand so I can keep my original drawing -- if I can muster the discipline to do that. I'm a little short on discipline though so it might be needed elsewhere...
By the way, Happy St. Patrick's Day! This truck is wearing green...grass.

4 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

I see what you mean about the drawing, Camille. It is just as beautiful as the final painting!

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

this is a great drawing. I love everything about it! Beautiful lines.

cath said...

Superbe ce croquis, et je le trouve imposant, c'est très joliment dessiné. bon dimanche à bientôt!
cath.
je t'invite à me rejoindre sur mon nouveau blog "Weekend Abstrait" il complète "Weekend et coup de brosse"
bises.

Gwen Bell said...

Both paintings are so good! It's cool seeing the "bones" and the accuracy of the structure.