Monday, March 11, 2013

Jen Reclining

14 x 18 oil on Ampersand board
Here is what I got so far from a 45 minute pose by the model Jen last night at AS/MS (Art Show/Model Show) painting group.  The colors here are adjusted on Photoshop but still aren't accurate.  The blues aren't that iridescent and underneath there is an overall much more warm gold cast coming through. (the orange-y color on her chest is actually in the background of the entire painting)  The last few weeks I've been taking pictures with my phone since my camera died, and it always dulls the colors like crazy and I have to try and bring them back with Photoshop.  I'm about to resolve the camera situation but until then I have to adjust as I can. Anyway I came away with three other smallish paintings and was happy with 75% of what I did.  The group is now going to have clothed sessions instead of nude since their landlord requested that.  That's fine by me; I like the challenge of painting fabric and furniture, and it adds color variety.  This group usually has mainly one light source, which is great for helping me paint the volumes more accurately.  My other painting group uses light from all sides and you can see from the portrait in progress below how it minimizes shadows so I see it all as more washed out.  Hmmm, I'll just need to adjust my vision for the differences I guess.
Thank you for stopping by to see what I've got going.

3 comments:

martinealison said...

J'aime voir votre travail... Une très belle harmonie de couleurs.
J'ai hâte de voir la suite de vos différentes séances.
Gros bisous à vous.

Vern Schwarz said...

Camille, I love your free use of vibrant colours in this piece. Too bad about the camera. Unfortunately the last few pictures don't blow up when clicked on. I always enjoy seeing your fine brushwork.

Camille LaRue Olsen said...

Thank you, Martine-Alison. I appreciate your comment and am happy you and Vern both liked the color harmonies.

Thanks also, Vern and I'm not sure what to do about the pictures not blowing up. On the next upload I'll see if I can fix that problem.