Monday, February 28, 2011

Delicate Balance

6 x 6 oil on canvas
I posted these grapefruit last night from my evening light photo and here they are again in better morning light. These colors are much closer to how it really looks. I was dismayed to see that they looked more like onions than grapefruit from the way my camera blued and dulled down the yellow and orange undertones. I definitely have it on my to-do list that I will try to do my photographing in the morning. Also need to learn to Photoshop (so my colors are true to the original) and I am also building my new website. There is so much more to being an artist than just making stuff, darn it. Anyway, this painting was done with the objective of making each stroke of paint one separate color from the others. No blending allowed. I did my best to follow that but sometimes I forgot -- old habits die hard. Here are the other entries so far for this week's Daily Paintworks Challenge.

6 comments:

martinealison said...

De belles ombres... et belles couleurs.
Bisous

Angela Elledge said...

Taking pictures and controlling light and all the other stuff is just so hard. Absolutely beautiful painting, love the color harmony, your soft blues with the varied orange colors is perfect!

Dana Cooper said...

Beautiful color shifts in this Camille. Yes, there is so much more to being an artist...ugh!

Autumn Leaves said...

These are simply glorious!

weekend et coup de brosse said...

en tout les cas j'aime la façon dont tu as décidé d'exécuter ta toile, c'est original et surtout merveilleusement lumineux ! Bravo Camille.
Bises -cath.

Gwen Bell said...

This has your gorgeous, unique style all over it. Sooooooo beautiful! Thanks for posting this better photo so we can see all of your luscious brushstrokes!