Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Boggy Creek Farmhouse plein air

12 x 16 oil on panel

I revisited Boggy Creek Farm this morning and decided to try and tackle their old farmhouse.  When I began painting, the shadows were all climbing up and over the house and by the time I finished several hours later they were hanging down from above.  I went ahead and kept the early ones.  I bet that in about April this garden area was full of greenery but I made do with what little plant life I could see.  I'll be on a plein air paintout in Fredericksburg this weekend so I needed to go get the cobwebs out of my outdoor painting skilz.  My goal next time on a house like this is to... simplify.  Maybe even just crop one area of the house and do that.

9 comments:

martinealison said...

Une atmosphère très sereine que cette dernière peinture... Votre touche me plaît beaucoup... Une belle harmonie de couleurs.
Je vous souhaite un mon moment de peinture.
Gros bisous.

Camille LaRue Olsen said...

Merci, ma chere Martine-Alison! J'espere que tout va bien pour toi! Gros bisous :)

hmuxo said...

Camille..I love this...its subtle and the shadows are wonderful..glad you didn't crop it.

Douglas Clark said...

This is a really interesting painting to look at. Well done.
Doug

Camille LaRue Olsen said...

Hilda and Doug, there's something so romantic and trance-inducing to me about a simple old farmhouse like this with rocking chairs on the porch. I'm glad you're enjoying look at this also and thank you both so much for your kind comments!

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

there's something about this that I just love.
The shadows? The movement? The color? It's all there.

Camille LaRue Olsen said...

I'm happy you like it so much, Mary! It was a little challenging for me but I enjoyed it.

THE FARMHOUSE PORCH said...

I love this!! Now following, come visit me sometime at the Farmhouse Porch♥
Linsey

Camille LaRue Olsen said...

Thanks so much both for following and for your comment, Linsey!