Monday, February 13, 2012

Pears Near Window

12 x 12 oil on Ampersand panel   SOLD


Today I was going for a limited palette, hoping to tie everything together well.  Also had in mind loose edges and attempting to capture the light on the form.   I still didn't get the feeling of volume I was seeking and I can see that my values are still too similar, need to shoot for some stronger darks next time.  I do like these colors I got though, and I like that the brushstrokes have a similar feeling to what I did in the last boots painting.  But the main thing is, back at it.  I tried yesterday and wiped it.  Does anyone really want to look at a bicycle seat?  Too bad if so, it's history!

5 comments:

Angela Elledge said...

I must say, if burning a bunch of canvases produces this kind of art, then I need to get burning! Despite your value comment, I happen to like it just as it is; very nice, Miss Camille.

Camille LaRue Olsen said...

You are so sweet, Angela! XO and Thanks!

Gwen Bell said...

Love the palette and the play of light. Great job on the glass!

hmuxo said...

SO beautifully painted..the soft colors and the looseness of the piece!!

Camille LaRue Olsen said...

Thank you, Gwen and Hilda!