Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Portrait of Mandy

24 x 30 x 1.5 oil on gallery wrapped canvas
This is a portrait for my husband's brother Roy and his family.  My late very-adored mother in law Mary Love commissioned me to paint Mandy.  Mandy was a much beloved Sheltie with really soft fur and always had a happy smile, never met a stranger, all those wonderful traits.  She looks like a small Lassie to me except that she is a sheltie, not a collie.  Looking forward to delivering this and glad to have kept my promise to Mary Love.  Both she and Mandy are now in heaven getting their well-deserved rewards.  Two very loved girls.

2 comments:

Gwen Bell said...

Excellent work! Your signature style works so well here. Those creamy greens are the perfect compliment to the rusts and golds.

Camille LaRue Olsen said...

Thank you so much, Gwen!