Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Barton Springs Afternoon

9 x 12 oil on canvas board   SOLD
Several friends met me at Barton Springs this afternoon and here is what I painted on site. My family is kidding me now because I was so appalled that people don't know to be quiet around someone trying to paint something outdoors (okay, in a public place, yes). But even with my earplugs in I had a super hard time concentrating on what I was seeing and what the colors were and how to mix them. I could hear a man talking to one of the others "So you do this just for fun?" (don't ever say that) "How long have you been doing this?" "I mean how long have you been an artist?" ... Remind me not to paint in a public place again anytime soon...
I will get better, but first will need much better earplugs! Trying again tomorrow morning with the Plein Air Austin group at Zilker Botanical Gardens. Should be more quiet... one can hope!

4 comments:

L.Holm said...

great landscape, despite the interruptions. I always wondered how painters can chat and paint at the same time..I sure can't. Maybe you could have a pre-printed card typed up with "yes, I'm a painter.." "long time" "I enjoy painting when it's quiet.." or a sign "Shhhh; Painter in Right Brain- No Speaky, Thanks"

martinealison said...

Une dure épreuve effectivement...
Parfois j'ai essayé lorsque je tenais la galerie à Gassin de peindre lors des moments creux. Et hop, dès que les gens arrivaient, pour moi c'était une torture de les voir agglutinés autour de moi, à me poser mille et une questions...
Cette peinture ma chère est sublime malgré cette inconfortable moment.
Gros bisous

Autumn Leaves said...

I like this alot, Camille!

cath said...

Camille, j'imagine que ces moments n'ont pas été des plus agréables, mais ta toiles, elle en sort 'indem', tu as su faire abstraction du dérangement, alors tu essaieras quand même une prochaine fois mais avec un groupe de peintre, est-ce vraiment plus calme ?
cath.